Thursday, December 9, 2010

Knitting, testing, and stuff...

I finished the Boy's sweater. It took me less than a month and it turned out pretty nicely if I say so myself.

The funny thing is the whole time I was worried that it would be too small, it isn't. It fits him fairly well, the neck opening is wide enough but the bind off on the collar is a bit too tight. I'll have to fix that next time.

This is the collar, not too bad, I'm still pretty awful at ribbing and so it didn't turn out that great but it's OK. The bit of 'braiding' at the back is the tag so the Boy knows where the back of the sweater is.
I decided to try hemming it instead of ribbing, since as I said before I don't do so well at ribbing. I think the hemming turned out very nicely.

The Boy is going in tomorrow for an EEG to make sure his brain waves are normal. Or what passes for normal around here. heh. We have to keep him awake until midnight tonight, and then wake him at 4 AM. DH & I are tag teaming him during this. I'm going to bed around 8:30 or 9 and DH will stay up with him, I will then wake him at 4 and have the fun of the morning with him.

We had a horrible time this morning because he was so worried about it but didn't want to tell me so it became all about school. He kept fighting me over every single thing we did. Division was too hard, grammar too hard, reading too hard. If I were a better mother I might have clued into the fact that he was worried about tomorrow's test. Not so much that better mother here. So it took me finally breaking down and giving him a swat (I think this was the 3rd time in his life I have raised my hand to him) He was actually dancing around saying I couldn't hit him and acting like it was a game. This was after he had pushed me 3 other times this morning to near tears. Yeah, it was not the best of times around here this morning. I threatened to register him for public school since he was not showing me any respect maybe he would respect a stranger teaching him. Like I said it was ugly. It finally came out and we talked and cried and cuddled. I had never told him I had an EEG when I was his age. That calmed him down. I'm sure we will see more emotion about this as we go through the day tomorrow but for now things have calmed down.

He read to me about black holes and the afternoon has gone much better. Whew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hugs. that has to be so emotional and scary for you both. poor, dear little man. lots of prayers that it all goes well.