Monday, May 4, 2009

It's been 2 months so time for an update.

I have been knitting, and gardening, and teaching and well lots of stuff I just haven't been recording it here or really anywhere.

So let's talk about the knitting and then maybe some of the other things. I finished a hat for a friend and she loved it. I used the Harvard Square Cap (ravelry link) pattern from the Fall 2008 Interweave Knits. I added to i-cord strings to the ears and a sc crochet loop to the top of the hat so she could tie it on as a night cap or tie them up inside the hat to wear during the day. She loved it so I'm happy with what I did.

Also finished the Thorn & Thistle (ravelry again) twinset from Interweave Knits Spring 2006. Well except it wasn't the whole twinset only the tank. I didn't buy enough yarn to knit both. Kind of regret that now, but didn't have the money to buy yarn for both and figured I'd get more wear out the tank than the cardigan. Still true actually. I think I need to knit this again in another color so I have more than one. Thing is I knit it in worsted weight yarn and the pattern calls for DK weight and I'm not sure what to do for the second one I knit. Stick with the same yarn and just pick a different color (used Knit Picks Shine Worsted) or if I should try to find a dk weight yarn and knit it in the 'correct' size for me.

Need to find a new project. I'm going on a yarn crawl for my birthday next Saturday. Very excited, figure I can definately find a new project then. I really need to go through all the yarn in the garage, we have had a mouse infestation this winter/spring and I need to see what is still usable and what needs to be thrown far away for fear of mouse pee. *shudder*

No comments: