Monday, January 17, 2011

I did it, I made something!

Well something other than a demanding 8 year old boy, that has been the hardest and sometimes rewarding work I've ever done. ;)

No I mean I decided to embroider something. I started with some sketches.
First attempts at cephalopods


I liked them but they weren't quite right, I kept playing to see what else I could come up with. I finally came up with a better sketch of a cuttlefish.
It was much better but needed a little cleaning up.
Better, much better. So off I went to find my embroidery thread, fabric and needles. Yes I have all of these things in my house. Haven't I mentioned before I 'collect' things? Then times like this make me worse that before because I was able to get everything I needed without spending a penny or leaving my house. (Let's act like it was the money and not be such a homebody kay?)


The outline done! This was such a fun project. I'm so pleased that it is looking like a cuttlefish still.


Look it is done. I can't get over that I finished this in one day. Well mostly, I still need to find a way to frame it to hang it on a wall.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to try to get curtains made for the dinning room. I will have to buy a curtain rod, but I have the fabric already.


No comments: