Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Good thing this is a Drama Free household

I'm going to try to be more purposeful in my interactions with my son and my husband. I find myself getting caught up in a game and ignoring the flesh and blood people in my house that I love so very, very much.

Like I said Drama Free Household.Speaking of that love, last night, whew. Well lets just say that the Boys sensitivities and the Husbands sensibilities clashed and caused my title to be laughable. It ended with them having a grand old time but there was a bit in the middle where I was in the middle and was so grateful for my ability to be diplomatic. Oh wait I'm not know for being diplomatic. Well I tried on the hat and while it didn't fit perfectly we did make it through it. It ended with the boy coming downstairs with his blankie over his head calling it his shame curtain. I swear I'm going to get that boy into acting one of these days.

We are going to get back into the swing of school today. Yesterday was a bust because I had to give the Boy benadryl Sunday night and it knocked him out for the next 18 hours. I guess he outgrew the crazy wildchild phase with it. 

We are about to start a painful, frustrating portion of our schooling. I'm picking up Phonic Pathways again and we are going to work our way through it. So today will be getting a feel for where he is it and where we can start again. Wish me luck, lots and lots of luck, oh and maybe send some extra serenity my way. (I can always use some Captain Mal in my life)

On the knitting front, well there is nothing new on the knitting front. I'm still trying to get the edging done on the shawl so I can have it for my own. Then I think I'm going to try for a sweater for myself. Then, well I may start on socks again after a year hiatus. I need some for my own draws. Wow that all sounds horrible selfish, but I almost never seem to keep my knitting so I'm gonna be a bit selfish for a while I think.

No comments: